• PayPal name: subiesisters@aol. com
  • Buy 'Moral Cowards' at Amazon.com

Sunday, July 14, 2024

CATHOLIC AND PUBLIC SCHOOLS ARE CAUSING BULLIES!!

 

I am 77 years old. I went to Catholic schools. We had no bullies in school because if we did, we would be brave and handle it ourselves. Through life, I have found that since 1980, Public Schools have changed. I can prove it.

The 1980s started this ‘Anti-Bullying’ campaign. I began to notice that the more Anti slogans they used, the worse it got. Thank goodness, by son got through it and graduated 1987. But my granddaughter was in the worst. She was eight years old and going to Catholic schools and she had a friend named Mohammad who was adopted and one day he wanted to cut in line. She said, ‘No, get to the back of the line.’ He threatened her. She told a counselor, who blew it off. The next day Mohammad brought a knife to school and showed two boys in his class who knew about my granddaughter. He had it in a backpack. The boys told a counselor who checked the backpack and Mohammad was expelled.

But NO ONE at the school was concerned! No one notified police. No one apologized to my granddaughter for not believing her. Her mother didn’t care. My son had no input and no one would listen to me. I was a police officer. But I really got an eye-opener when I taught as a Student teacher (a sub) for eight years in Michigan.

What I saw were teachers that bullied or they did nothing. I loved most of the kids there. In high school, one student told me when a student has to go to the Office to get medicine, the teacher announces it so all students know ‘he has an issue’ and then bully them. In Middle School, where they put post-it-notes on lockers on how ‘How to be nice,’ it was worse. In grade school one class, the teacher ‘warned’ me about this one kid but after an hour, I noticed it was two boys that were aggregating him to get him to act up and get angry. I talked with the boy and had no problem with him and wrote to the teacher about the boys. She ignored my letter. I saw the teacher a couple months later and asked her how the boy was doing. She had a blank look on her face!

So, the Catholic School did nothing but recommend the child take Ritalin, and the Public Schools were the same! I tried. Maybe you can do something about it because the schools are raising kids who do violent things!





No comments:

Post a Comment